Please find the steps below that we’ve taken to ensure proper social distancing and to stop the spread of COVID-19:
Bayview Resort has distinguished our reputation in offering an exceptionally clean hotel. Our guest’s safety and security is our top priority. We want to assure our valued guests that we are being vigilant in providing you a safe, clean and enjoyable environment that you come to expect from us. The following protocols have been put in place, in wake of COVID19:
Cleaning Guidelines: All of our team members are fully trained in housekeeping and hygiene protocols. Our team has been educated with an enhanced COVID19 awareness program. Proper and frequent handwashing is essential to combat the spread of this virus. We have increased the frequency and sanitation of high touch point areas on the property. Starting with our public spaces and high-traffic areas, We are going above and beyond our normal protocols. We are cleaning surfaces with increased frequency, dedicated staff and recommended cleaning agents.
In guest rooms: We have elevated our rigorous protocols to thoroughly clean all surfaces with hospital grade disinfectants. Hand sanitizing stations are available at our front desk, clubhouse, and all housekeeping carts.
Our staff: Will be wearing masks at all times. We encourage our valued guests to wear masks. In case you need a mask, please ask our staff. We will gladly provide a mask for you. We observe 6 feet social barrier in public areas. We permit one family to be in the gym at one time. Signage in public areas will remind our guests to maintain social distancing.
Upon check-in: Guests will fill out COVID for and a temperature check
We are committed to ensure both our valued guests and fully vaccinated team members are safe and comfortable while at Bayview Resort. We adhere to the established CDC guidelines for COVID response If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
The travel guidelines require all New Yorkers, as well as those visiting from out-of-state or another country, to take personal responsibility for compliance in the best interest of public health and safety.
Asymptomatic travelers entering New York from another country, U.S. state, or territory are no longer required to test or quarantine as of April 10, 2021. Quarantine, consistent with the CDC recommendations, is still recommended for all travelers who are not fully vaccinated or have not recovered from laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 during the previous 3 months. Symptomatic travelers must immediately self-isolate and contact the local health department or their healthcare providers to determine if they should seek COVID-19 testing.
All travelers must complete the Traveler Health Form unless the traveler had left New York for less than 24 hours or is coming to New York from a contiguous state. Contiguous states to New York are Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Connecticut, Massachusetts and Vermont.
Irrespective of quarantine, all travelers must:
- Monitor symptoms daily from day of arrival in New York through day 14;
- Continue strict adherence to all recommended non-pharmaceutical interventions, including hand hygiene and the use of face coverings, through Day 14 (even if fully vaccinated); and
- Must immediately self-isolate if any symptoms develop and contact the local public health authority or their healthcare provider to report this change in clinical status and determine if they should seek testing.
- Fully vaccinated is defined as being 2 or more weeks after the final dose (e.g., first for Janssen/Johnson & Johnson, second for Pfizer and Moderna) of the vaccine approved by the FDA or authorized by the FDA for emergency use. Vaccines that are not authorized by the U.S. Federal Drug Administration (FDA) for emergency use or approved by the FDA do not satisfy this definition.
- Recently recovered is defined as 1) recovered from laboratory-confirmed COVID-19 by meeting the criteria for discontinuation of isolation, 2) within the 3-month period between date of arrival in New York and either the initial onset of symptoms related to the laboratory confirmed COVID-19 infection or, if asymptomatic during the illness, the date of the laboratory confirmed test, and 3) asymptomatic after travel or new exposure.
For further questions, please contact the resort directly at: 631-594-2370